Mayank Sharma, manipal
parting with friends
Not for the first time in my life,
Do I have to part with a friend,
All the nice moments and times of hard strife
And all the nice teachings I get from them Go to an irritating end
At times I ask myself in my heart deep inside
Does the feeling of pain of separation
Makes only me cry deep inside
Or all of us affected of a friend’s deprivation.
I have a friend who is going today
I learnt a lot from him one day
He told me the secret of success achievement
But today all I have is a parted friend’s bereavement.
I see this all every once in a while
But this is necessary to take him success for miles.
I want to learn to take this pain
And go ahead without crying in vain.
Mayank Sharma, manipal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (parting with friends by Mayank Sharma, manipal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Hymn to God, Dr John Celes
- The Facebook Poem, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Jerk At Work, Alan W. Jankowski
- When Friends Betray Friends, Alan W. Jankowski
- My Love Did Sometimes Wander, Alan W. Jankowski
- No Help At All, Alan W. Jankowski
- The Bird, the Cat, the Monster and I…., Poetheart (back)
- Neon Sign, Alan W. Jankowski
- Party Favors, Alan W. Jankowski
- Let Me Be The One, Alan W. Jankowski