I'm Not The Person You See
I tried to be her but couldn't do it.
She was always the beautiful one, so smart and talented.
I lingered in her shadow.
I tried to make you proud.
I searched for your acceptance but found myself instead.
I stopped trying to be like her and realized it was never worth it.
She has so many gifts and yes, she is quite beautiful.
I realize that I'll never ber her but I don't want to.
I have my own gifts to show the world.
I am determined to be seen in my own light.
One day you will look at me and see who I really am.
Nicole Ferencz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not The Person You See by Nicole Ferencz )
- The Stroke of one person who lie, clawdea benat
- The love which endures the pains is too .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Do You Know? Kangaroo., Ima Ryma
- Soap, Sharry Lee
- Blue flowers, Cee Bea
- With Out Your Love I Must Leave, Is It Poetry
- The Importance Of Us, Toheeb Tiamiyu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)