I'm Not The Person You See
I tried to be her but couldn't do it.
She was always the beautiful one, so smart and talented.
I lingered in her shadow.
I tried to make you proud.
I searched for your acceptance but found myself instead.
I stopped trying to be like her and realized it was never worth it.
She has so many gifts and yes, she is quite beautiful.
I realize that I'll never ber her but I don't want to.
I have my own gifts to show the world.
I am determined to be seen in my own light.
One day you will look at me and see who I really am.
Nicole Ferencz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not The Person You See by Nicole Ferencz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick
- Tomorrow, Humphrey Bryant
- Blackberry And Apple, Humphrey Bryant
- Wife, Asit Kumar Sanyal