I'm Not The Person You See
I tried to be her but couldn't do it.
She was always the beautiful one, so smart and talented.
I lingered in her shadow.
I tried to make you proud.
I searched for your acceptance but found myself instead.
I stopped trying to be like her and realized it was never worth it.
She has so many gifts and yes, she is quite beautiful.
I realize that I'll never ber her but I don't want to.
I have my own gifts to show the world.
I am determined to be seen in my own light.
One day you will look at me and see who I really am.
Nicole Ferencz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not The Person You See by Nicole Ferencz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- Allegory 1, Tori Bachue
- An Interesting Breed They Are, Monk E. Biz
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas