I'm Not The Person You See
I tried to be her but couldn't do it.
She was always the beautiful one, so smart and talented.
I lingered in her shadow.
I tried to make you proud.
I searched for your acceptance but found myself instead.
I stopped trying to be like her and realized it was never worth it.
She has so many gifts and yes, she is quite beautiful.
I realize that I'll never ber her but I don't want to.
I have my own gifts to show the world.
I am determined to be seen in my own light.
One day you will look at me and see who I really am.
Nicole Ferencz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not The Person You See by Nicole Ferencz )
- Reflection, dee villa
- Your Old Poems, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A basket, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sonnets, Francis Quarles
- Not all politicians, hasmukh amathalal
- From 'A Feast for Wormes', Francis Quarles
- In abject poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In oblivion, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Race Haiku, David Lacey
- From 'The History of Samson', Francis Quarles
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)