I'm Not The Person You See
I tried to be her but couldn't do it.
She was always the beautiful one, so smart and talented.
I lingered in her shadow.
I tried to make you proud.
I searched for your acceptance but found myself instead.
I stopped trying to be like her and realized it was never worth it.
She has so many gifts and yes, she is quite beautiful.
I realize that I'll never ber her but I don't want to.
I have my own gifts to show the world.
I am determined to be seen in my own light.
One day you will look at me and see who I really am.
Nicole Ferencz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not The Person You See by Nicole Ferencz )
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thank You, Tandin Dorji
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
- Baldy Bert, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)